This department's mission is to plan for the city's sustainable development, to support people in carrying out their real estate projects and oversee the maintenance of a good quality of life for Brossard residents.
Its values are professionalism, commitment, proactivity and efficiency.
The main responsibilities of the department include:
- Plan and organize the city;
- Propose and submit development strategies;
- Draft by-laws and amendments;
- Analyze and approve projects.
Permits and inspections:
- Formulate guidelines, policies and programs and carry out actions.
- Inform the public;
- Issue various kinds of permits and certificates;
- Monitor what goes on and enforce the by-laws.
- Manage cartography (maps) and toponymy (place names);
- Manage grant programs.
Direction de l'urbanisme